Work with Us
DWL is always looking for high-calibre, skilled linguists with experience in life sciences translation to join us.
Our global network of resources comprises over 1000 approved translators and revisers, each of whom is selected on the basis of both their linguistic skills and medical expertise.
Our linguists come from a wide variety of backgrounds: in addition to being experienced medical and pharmaceutical translators, many are also trained physicians, pharmacologists, medical scientists, healthcare professionals and legal experts.
Most of our translators work into their mother tongue and are generally based in the country of their target language. This ensures they remain up to date with industry and language developments, thereby enabling them to produce translations that accurately reflect their respective fields as well as their cultural contexts.
Why work with us
We maintain good working relationships with our pool of linguists, and our dedicated Project Managers are always on hand to help with questions. Some of the advantages of working with us include:
- Working for a leading LSP specialising in the life sciences whose clients include major pharmaceutical companies, CROs and policy-makers
- A steady stream of important projects in your field
- Punctual, reliable payment with the prospects of long-term collaboration
- Establishing close working relationships with our PMs
What we require
Some of the things we look for in potential linguists include:
- Over 2 years’ translation experience, ideally in but not limited to the life sciences industry
- Proven experience in the life science sector, including but not limited to medicine, the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare, biotechnology, chemistry, etc.
- Native fluency in the target language(s)
- Excellent command of the source language(s)
- Proficiency in using MS Office packages
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Desirable: experience using CAT tools (e.g. memoQ, SDL Trados Studio, Wordfast)
Please note that the above criteria are not comprehensive, and we are keen to hear from you if you believe you can positively contribute to our work.